Next issue: July 2020
What to Submit
We accept creative writing: short fiction, poetry, non-fiction and hybrid work. We’re looking for different perspectives and formal innovation: writing which queers form as well as content. There are no restrictions on what you send us but since this is an inclusive space, we reject prejudiced views.
When to Submit
Any time! Fruit has a rolling submission policy. We will aim to respond to your submission within a month. Bear in mind that the next issue will go out in July.
What We Offer
In terms of payment, our cupboards are pretty bare. But we want to recognise your labour. Therefore, all donations made to Fruit will be divided equally among contributors. We’re looking forward to reading your work!
- Prose word limit: 5000 (shorter pieces preferred).
- Poetry line limit: 100.
- You’re welcome to submit one or more pieces of work up to the word or line limit.
- Please present your writing in .doc, .docx or .rtf format if possible. We also accept .jpeg or .png.
- Please include a short biography in your email.
- If you are a writer based in the North of England, let us know; we’re committed to publishing local talent.
- Simultaneous submissions accepted (but please notify us if your piece is accepted elsewhere).
- We don’t accept previously published work.
Submissions should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org